I did my third float at Luna Spa, yesterday, Saturday, June 25, 2016. At 10:00 MT. I had not planned on doing one so soon, but the thought entered my head, so I contacted them…and they had a session open.
Weeell, not exactly….
At first they said that they’d been booked all day Saturday…so I scheduled for Sunday…cool. Then they got back with me a short time later saying they’d just had a cancellation…and my preferred time was open!
It was meant to be.
So, I show up…get situated…get ready to do it…when I thought, huh…maybe I should do a 90-minute floater this time, since my first two were 60 minutes. As I leave the hallway for the room, Ana-Alycia calls out to me from the front desk and asks: “Hey, Frank, do you wanna 60- or a 90-minute?”
Stuff like this happens to me all the time.
I took the 90.
So…I hose off…enter the pod…and let ‘er rip….
During the entire 90-minute session I was actually in the float pod maybe all of…five minutes?
You read that right.
This was the most incredible float I’ve had to date…it seems that with each float my experiences escalate. This one, however, is extremely hard to quantify. So much happened I simply couldn’t keep track of it all, yet alone to keep track to write these experiences up! For this post there is less to write, because there was so much more to the experience! It was freaky. I tried to keep track of all that happened, but it was impossible…I “became” a part of so many mini…”micro-experiences”…in this float it was nuts. In fact I even joked to myself during it that I needed a little consistency, please!
I kept becoming part of vignettes.
I’d be either part of it, watching it, actively taking part in it, actually doing something, holding, or manipulating some object…didn’t matter, I was there (not in the pod)…then…I’d jerk back into the pod. I actually and literally felt like I was elsewhere.
And I’d believe it.
Behaved as if I were…actually doing whatever was going on in these metaphysical vignettes…then jump back into the pod, sur-fricking-prised I was actually in “a pod”! This is for real…several times I couldn’t remember where I was!
Was I at home?
On a street somewhere?
Talking to who?
Messing around with what piece of some “thing”?
Then I’d be yanked back into the pod.
I felt like some weird-assed Billy Pilgrim.
I was seriously confused multiple times during my 90-minute session. It was fricking crazy. It was fricking cool! It was the wildest ride (Susie Lindau!) I can remember…ever. And they kept coming one after the other, after the other: bang-bang-BANG! There was a period of time in the middle where there was nothing, and I wondered, huh, wonder what’s going on…but then my mind would stray…and before I knew it I was in another…and another…vignette after vignette! And a couple time it was like where my mind strayed to…I was creating these vignettes? It’s kind hard to define…but once or twice I actively tried to consciously steer my “little trips” and once or twice it worked. But most of the time, it was like, la-de-da…I’m floating around in warm salt water—then I’m talking to people…and someone is saying “…domestic 90!” very forcefully to me…then <smack!> I’m back in the pod. It went on and on….
Then—boom!—it was over.
Just like that. And that last time I returned I felt different…like I knew my 90-minute roller coaster through the metaphysical was over. My legs were vibrating with all kinds of “electric” energy. Then the automated pod-voice came on right after that, signifying the end of the 90-minute session.
Really? Had it really just been 90-minutes?
It felt like five.
I felt like I do when I wake up from deep, extremely lucid dreams, like “That’s all, Frank, time to get up, now!” All the incredible, crazy, metaphysical, gyrational energy was simply “gone”…and I was back to my awake life, now. Whatever it all meant, it was certainly “meant” to happen, given the impulse to do this at the last-minute…that cancellation.
And there was another thing I forgot to write down from my second session that also occurred in this one at the very end…I, um, felt…how do I say this without sound pervy?…um, extremely…well…sensual—or (more to the point) a “heightened sense of my physical encapsulation.”
Okay, then. So, here are some of the sensations I remember, and there were oh, so many, many more I wish I could remember! Some of them were voices that voiced things quite loud and seemed very important at the time…some were me doing things…other people doing things…but I’ve already largely forgotten them all, because of the sheer quantity of them—but I was extremely cognizant and had a presence of mind with each of them at the time they occurred!
These I did remember:
- A “big guy’s” booming voice that said “Bo, Bo, Bo—he’s your Bo!” Then this guy back slaps me on the back (my left trapezius area) like a good buddy delivering a punch line. I felt the slap and jerked in the water.
- This was particularly cool! I heard an extremely “soft,” beautiful female voice that felt like it came from “behind” me say (remember, I’m floating on my back): “Ask….” So I went asking away about all kinds of things! Don’t feel I got answers to them all, but she never said “…and I’ll answer….”
- One of my vignette people forcefully uttered “…domestic 90…” or “…domestic 9….” I think it was “90.”
- I think once or twice I as “at home”…or some place where I felt “at home”…only to awaken to find myself in the pod, disappointed because where I’d been had been so peaceful and relaxing…and I found myself naked and floating in tub full of salt water out in public…which meant I had to go back out in to the public to get back home! But, once I realized where I physically [now] was…I realized, dude, you are relaxed and peaceful and doing a float! Bummer part is you have to drive home through “the public”….
- Jerking body and arms
- Tingly and expansive-feeling in hands
- Voices without being voices
- “Real” voices
- Legs got extremely tingling and “vibratory” at the very end
- A “heightened sense of physical encapsulation.”
Luna Float Spa Contact information:
Luna Float Spa
202 E. Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd., Suite R,
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Hours: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Mountain Time
- Floating and Freezing (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- Floating (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- Five Reasons To Float In A Sensory Deprivation Tank (harpersbazaar.com)
- The Reincarnation of F. P Dorchak (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- The Monroe Institute (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- My Ronin/Samurai Life (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- Meditation (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- The Silver Man (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- The Ghost Inside My Child (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- Just Thought I’d Say “Hi”…. (fpdorchakrealitycheck.wordpress.com)
- Liberty Belle Down In Flames (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- The B-17 Liberty Belle (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- The Tail Gunner and His Ticket Taker (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)
- Tail Gunner (fpdorchak.wordpress.com)